When I first heard about email marketing, my first thought was that annoying pop-up when you are online shopping. My second thought was how I would immediately exit out of the pop-up. My third thought was that email marketing is clearly dead. Well, I’m here to show you why email marketing tools are definitely not dead. I use Flodesk to keep my emails alive and well.
Jenna Kutcher, small biz expert, evaluates each subscriber to have $1 of value per month. Initially that may not seem like a lot, but if you think of growing your list over time, that could translate to an extra $100, $1000, or even $10,000 a month! Email marketing is direct access to someone’s inbox, and therefore direct access to them. So how do I do it? Use my link to get 50% off when you sign up!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I only share
about companies that I truly believe in.
How I get subscribers to my email list
This whole email marketing tool thing sounds great in theory, so how do you get subscribers?
- Create a freebie
- Ask them to join your list with an in-line form
Let’s break those down, shall we?
Creating a freebie
Creating a freebie is encouraging someone to sign up for your email list with something free, as suggested in the name. To entice someone to join your email list, ask yourself what you offer to your clients. Then, think of ways to break down a simple but useful piece of information for them. For example, if you write copy for small business owners and their websites, your freebie could be “5 ways to improve your about me page.” If you are a wedding photographer, your freebie could be a quiz like “find out what kind of wedding style is yours.” Once you’ve decided on what you want your freebie to be, I use canva to beautify and bring that document to life! Canva is simply and easy to use, and saves me TONS of time.
To get you started, here are some freebie ideas for your email marketing:
- Downloadable checklist
- 5 tips in your specialty
- Favorite tools you use for your (insert your business)
- 5 questions to ask your (photographer, florist, copywriter, etc.)
- Special guide
Now that you have some ideas, go get started and create your freebie on canva!
Why I use Flodesk for my email marketing
There are lots of companies out there that can plus up your email marketing. For me, the three most important things were that it is 1) easy to use, 2) affordable, 3) aesthetically pleasing. And THAT is why I chose Flodesk for my email marketing tool.
Breaking down the reasons
- For just $19 a month, I can design as many e-mails as I want with UNLIMITED subscribers. Most email marketings increase your monthly fee with your number of subscribers, but Flodesk does not. So, affordable? Check!
- I can create email workflows in minutes. That’s right– MINUTES! An email workflow is where you create a list of scheduled emails dependent on if that person opened your previous email, made a purchase, etc. It makes the process simple and hands off. That means I can spend my time with my husband and my cat instead of writing emails! Win win! So, easy to use? Check!
- Flodesk is one of the few email marketing tools that allows you to use images and special fonts. Not only that, but let’s go back to #2 and how easy it is to upload photos and switch fonts. I want to create a relationship with my subscribers, and that is SO much easier to do with my branding colors, pictures, and my branding fonts. So, aesthetically pleasing? Uh, yeah. More than that, these emails are beautiful.
So, if Flodesk sounds like the right email marketing tool for you, sign up here with my link for 50 percent off!
To see more helpful tips, visit my blog here!
January 4, 2021